May 7, 2010

My Effect



If I had not encouraged John Adams to be a part of politics, you all would not be where you are today. I know you're in awe, but please, save the applause for the end. If John Adams had just married some other no good wife and not me, he probably wouldn't be the great president he was to his country. Once John told me," I never wanted any ones advise and wisdom more than yours." He said this after his election in the white house in 1797.


I was also a very important role model to the daughters of Liberty. After the British taxed every thing, us patriots decided to go on a boycott. We had to make our own clothes and herbal teas. I found many varieties of teas in plants and I often helped others, including my neighbors and friends. Just like my mother.


When trouble entered my friend's lives they always found comfort in John and me. Often, our guest rooms were filled and a cheery bunch of lawyers and such joined us for our evening meal.


I had always believed in women's rights and fair treatment for all. In my "remember the ladies" letter to John, I told him that I believed that women should fight for liberty too.








No comments:

Post a Comment