May 1, 2010

Adjectives About Yours Truly

Once in November, John and I had our portraits painted in pastels by a local artist named Benjamin Blythe. In that picture many people say I look reserved,thoughtful, poised and confident. In John's picture many people say he has a youthful appearance. however they did not say that about me and I was only twenty-two! I take this as a huge offense, but I forgive them.




Many people describe me as independent and responsible since I can take care of myself and do not rely on my husband like other lazy wives. Often when John was gone I would take care of the whole farm and our children as well as attending to my own housewifely affairs.





Many people also describe me as intelligent and curious because I was able to teach myself even though i was prohibited from attending school. I was also considered intelligent because I was deeply interested in politics and was able to keep up with the revolution as it unraveled.

4 comments: